Frequently Asked Questions
Miss American Rose is America’s longest-running, most prestigious mail-in/online pageant started back in 1998 to recognize and reward girls and women for their accomplishments.
Girls and women off all ages in the U.S. Marital status, pageant experience, and other factors do not matter. (International contestants please, see Miss World Rose information).
Our contestants enter for various reasons. For a lot of our contestants, we are a stepping stone into the pageant world. Some of our contestants want a pageant title but don’t want to worry about expensive wardrobes, hair & makeup, travel expenses, high enter fees, or just don’t feel comfortable on stage. Others are looking for a recognizable way to serve their communities.
? Instead of competing in a live pageant on a stage, you send your entry into us. We do the judging here, announce the results, then we ship your prizes to you!
The written interview portion is required and makes up 60% of your score. The other 40% comes from two optional competitions of your choice, (one optional for those under age six). You may choose from: Community Service, Scholastics, Talent, Beauty (essay or photo), Career, Achievement. If you aren’t sure which two you would score the highest, you may enter more than two.
Local entries will be accepted November 15th – May 31st. State competitions are expected to take place early summer, with National competition in the Fall. All completely online with reasonable entry fees.
No. Shipping is included. However, you may upgrade to expedited shipping if you want to receive your prizes faster.
Someone from our judging panel will look at your entry to make sure it is complete. They may make suggestions such as answers are too long or too short. This gives you an opportunity to adjust your entry before it is sent for final judging.
We will have a panel of three anonymous judges looking at your entry. You will be judged according to your individual age. You will be given your overall score and any judges comments. You will not receive individual judge’s scores.
If you receive a score of 80-100 points (100 being maximum) you will receive a City Queen title. A score of 60-79 points earns a City Princess title. If you score below 60 points, any fees you have paid (minus the registration fee) will be refunded to you.
We allow one City Queen per age division per city. If the title you want is already taken, you will be given the opportunity to choose another city.
No. You may do as much or as little as you wish. We always encourage you to serve your community as Miss American Rose, but there are no requirements. We will send you tips on making appearances once you receive your title.
You may continue on to state competition if you wish, but it is not required.
Miss World Rose is our international competition that takes place once a year. International, national, and local titles are all awarded at the same time. Information will likely be available in February.
Our American Rose Prince competition will be returning in 2023. Check back for more information.
Divisions – age as of 1/1/23
Teeny Miss 0-2
Tiny Miss 3-5
Little Miss 6-9
Young Miss 10-12
Jr Miss 13-15
Teen Miss 16-19
Ms 30 & up
-Choose the ones you want.
Contestants 5 and under choose one
Achievement - Tell us about your child's achievements
Beauty - Either Photogenic or tell us why your child is beautiful inside
Contestants ages 6 & up choose two
Athletics - Tell us about your athletic accomplishments. Videos allowed
Beauty - Tell us what makes you beautiful on the inside. You may also include an optional photo
Career - Tell us about your career achievements. Any career counts
Community - Tell us about your volunteer work
Scholar - Tell us about your academic achievements
Talent - Tell us or show us your talent! Any type of talent qualifies