What type of personal information is gathered by the Miss American Rose Pageants Store?
To personalize and enhance your experience on the Miss American Rose Pageants Store, the following types of information is collected:
What information do we collect?
When you make a purchase in our store, we will ask for your name, email address, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number and date of birth. In addition, we also log information about your visit to the store, including the URL that you came from, your Internet Protocol address, domain type (e.g., .com, .org), Miss American Rose Store pages that you view and search terms you use.
We also ask for your chosen method of payment (PayPal or check/money order). For PayPal users, you will be redirected to a secure PayPal gateway for your transaction and returned to Miss American Rose Pageants when your transaction is complete The only information returned to and maintained on our servers is PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN). We do not retain credit card or other payment identification information on our servers. In addition, we also log information about your visit to the store, including the URL that you came from, your Internet Protocol address, domain type (e.g., .com, .org), Miss American Rose Store pages that you view and search terms you use.
Does the Miss American Rose Pageants Store share my information with anyone?
Absolutely not! While we do store certain aspects of your information (see " What information do we collect?" and " Give me some examples of the type of information you store about me?", we will never sell or share your information with anyone.
What does the Miss American Rose Pageants Store do with my information?
We use the information we collect to improve the Miss American Rose Pageants Store and conduct various statistical and trend-related observations to better serve you. This allows us to continue offering relevant products and services, and constantly improve the overall customer experience on the website. Information and statistical observations are strictly for internal purposes and will only be used by Miss American Rose Pageants and the Miss American Rose Pageants Store.
Examples of the type of statistics are:
- Determine the average number of users for a given period of time
- Determine how many visitors use the Miss American Rose Pageants Store
- What are the most popular products on the Miss American Rose Pageants store
- Provide sales figures for a given period of time
How secure is my personal information?
The following steps are taken to make sure your information is handled with utmost care:
- We do not store any credit card information on our servers. For orders with credit card as the payment option, after a successful credit card transaction, we only store the PayPal IPN and the transaction ID.
- We always require users to log in to the website.
- The Miss American Rose Pageants Store website automatically times out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Although we take every step to ensure your information is handled in a secure manner, it is important for you to protect your account from unauthorized access. Always use the ?Logout? option when you?re done and never share your username and password with anyone.
Give me some examples of the type of information you store about me.
Information provided by you: This information is obtained when you log in, purchase items and sign up for services. For example: you provide your username at login which we store to keep track of web hits and for security purposes. During checkout, if you have selected PayPal as the method of payment for your order, PayPal's IPN number for the transaction will be returned to us and maintained on our servers. We do not store any other credit card related information.
Automatic Information: When you make a purchase on the Miss American Rose Pageants Store, your name, address, email address, phone number and date of birth is stored along with the rest of your order information. This helps us better communicate with you regarding the status of your order. Your IP Address, date and time of visit are also obtained and stored for security and log purposes.